Let's take this time to start to prepare our body and mind for this move of God.
How to Prepare Yourself for a Fast
There are several steps you can take to help prepare you for a fast. Before you start consider any fasting, you certainly may want to have a close look at your eating habits. It makes little sense to fast, when before and after the period of fasting you still continue with poor eating habits. Proper food from the point of view of pure, fresh and high content of Prana contained in the food you eat is what you want to learn to eat day after day.Properly preparing your body for a fast not only makes the fast itself easier, but also improves the results.
1. Educate yourself as much as you can about the fasting technique you are going to use.
2. Write down all the instructions for your fast and organize a plan and schedule on paper before you begin. This is important because once the fast begins, you might try to convince yourself to quit. The schedule can then act as a contract you have made with the fast that you must keep. Remind yourself why you are doing the fast and remember that it is important.
3. Taper off your addictions in the days prior to your fast. Cut down on caffeine, salt, sugar, cooked food and meats, etc. If you cut them off all of a sudden, expect to experience headaches, stomachaches and a general feeling of discomfort.
4. Begin eating smaller meals prior to your fast. Resist the temptation to eat a big "last supper" the night before the fast. Cutting down your meals a few days before signals your mind, stomach, and appetite for the fast.
5. Gather everything you need for your fast before you begin.
6. Eating a plant based diet .... can support you in creating harmony and health. Prefer to eat things that are fresh rather than cooked food, i.e. salads and fruits. Fruits of any kind, i.e. fruits, berries, nuts, natural cereal ... are of highest quality in their vibration. Select organic fruits and vegetables that have been grown in natural sunlight and that have completely ripened in the Sun.
7. Drink the highest quality that you can find. Water is of highly purifying quality. The minimum for purification of your body should be 1 - 1.5 liter per day on cool days and up to 2 - 3 liters.
8. Use mild herbal teas. One or two cups of the right herbal tea may support the purification and best possible function of your body.
9. Drink all the fresh fruit and vegetable juices you like especially the dark greens.
9. Eliminate dairy products, eggs refined flour products and sweets.
10. Use only olive and coconut for cooking. Use no more than 2 tablespoons of oil per day. D not use butter or margarine of any kind.
11. Do not use salt. Use spices and Tamarin in small amounts.
12. Do not use any caffeine, alcohol, stimulants or recreational drugs.
13. Do not eat any fried foods.
14. If at all possible consume a warm cup of fresh lemon water with ginger tea. Also a "green drink' each day.
Pastor Jerome M. McLennon and First Lady Marjorie A. McLennon